Sunday, May 16, 2010

Vanilla Pudding

I just shared this recipe with a friend who is making a pie for some friends so I thought I would copy the email and post it here for anyone else interested. It makes a wonderful creamy pudding, good for banana cream, coconut cream or just plain vanilla pie. Of course you can just eat it as is too.

2/3 c. sugar
1/4 c. cornstarch
1/4 t. salt
2 1/2 c. whole milk
4 large egg yolks

Mix these all together with a wire whisk in a saucepan. Cook on medium heat, stir constantly until it thickens
and comes to a boil. Cook 1 more min. Run the pudding through a sieve to remove any lumps (optional)

Stir in:
2 T. butter or margarine
1 t. vanilla

Cover with plastic wrap on the surface of the pudding (to prevent a skin from forming) Chill 3 or more hours

No comments:

Post a Comment