Friday, January 15, 2010

Almond Oat Pancakes

It's amazing but I'm actually posting another recipe just one day after the last. I made these last night for dinner and they are really good and much healthier than a typical pancake. We also had some turkey breakfast sausage and fruit. Yummy!!

1/4 c. almonds, ground finely
1/2 c. plus 2 T. all-purpose flour
6 T. old fashioned oats, ground finely
1 1/2 T. sugar (I used raw sugar)
1/4 c. flaxseeds, ground finely
3/4 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt

Combine all these ingredients in one bowl and set aside.

3/4 c. soy milk (you can use whichever milk you prefer)
1 T. canola oil
2 egg whites, beaten slightly
1/4 t. almond or vanilla extract

Combine all these ingredients and add to the dry ingredients. If too thick, add a little more milk. Should be a semi-thick pancake batter consistency. Make the pancakes as you normally do.
This recipe will yield you 6 pancakes, approx 3-4 inch diameter, plenty for 2 people.
I don't even eat pancakes normally, but I really love these and you can see from the ingredient list that they are quite healthy.

1 comment:

  1. Okay...well since you're on an oatmeal kick, here is my recipe for Oatmeal Cake!!

    WHISK and SET ASIDE
    1 1/2C flour
    1tsp baking soda
    1tsp cinnamon
    1/2tsp ground nutmeg
    1/2tsp salt

    COMBINE and SET ASIDE (all water absorbed)
    1C quick cook oats
    1C hot water

    BEAT until FLUFFY
    1/2C soft butter
    1C sugar
    1C brown sugar
    2tsp vanilla
    2 eggs

    Add flour mixture to butter mixture and add oats last. Bake in 350 degree oven for 30-35min in glass 9x13 dish. Remove cake and add topping. Broil until brown.

    TOPPING
    Melt 4TBS BUTTER with 1/4C MILK & 3/4C BROWN SUGAR until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat & add 1 1/3C SWEET SHREDDED COCONUT.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete