Wednesday, November 25, 2009
The day before
I'm getting ready to prep stuff for tomorrow and looked at the turkey recipe again. Actually I saw Martha Stewart on the Today show and she was doing turkey 101. I had forgotten how much butter she used. I really didn't use that much. Just used a combination of butter and chicken stock to baste the bird and then once the juices flow a bit, I basted with that too. You will have to adjust your cooking time as she was roasting a 20 lb. bird and I'm only doing a 12 pounder. Just follow the cooking time on the packaging but do start out with a hot oven, 450 degrees for the first 30 min. and then turn down to 350. Happy cooking and God bless your time with your family and friends. I'm thankful for you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment