Monday, November 23, 2009

Time for turkey

Well, most of you will be preparing a turkey for Thanksgiving and there are any number of ways you can do that but I know in the past I've had good sucess with the recipe on Martha Stewart's site for turkey 101. I use chicken stock instead of the wine, and I also use 2 long metal skewers inserted into the leg/thigh area to conduct a little extra heat to those areas. They take the longest to cook and before it is done in that area, the breast meat can overcook. Seemed to work for me.

So rather than reinvent that particular wheel, I thought I would share my favorite left-over turkey idea. I got this idea (it's not really a recipe), from my sister-in-law Robin, at my bridal shower. Yes, this is a very old idea !!

You will need:
english muffins
left-over turkey(I prefer the white meat)
tomato slices
crisp bacon
cheese sauce(left-over from Thanksgiving?)

Just simply toast the english muffin and on each toasted half place a slice of turkey, a slice of tomato, bacon and then cover with hot cheese sauce.

Ok, so this is not very healthy but once a year I look forward to the turkey just so I can have this the next day. Hope you enjoy and may you all have a truly blessed Thanksgiving, taking time to be especially thankful for the faithfullness of our Lord who is the giver of all good things.

2 comments:

  1. I used Martha's Turkey 101 recipe, too, until I discovered Alton Brown's "Good Eats Roast Turkey." Alton's just turns out better for me.

    Roni

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of the metal skewer trick before! I'm going to try that this year - thanks!

    ReplyDelete