As you can see from the date, I set this blog up several days ago but hadn't yet sent out the address to anyone. So here it, I hope you enjoy it.
This recipe is one I made up quite some time ago, essentially from left-over broccoli, cheese sauce and chicken. I plan to make it tonight so I thought I'd share.
Creamy Chicken Broccoli Soup
1/2 small onion, diced
3 T. margarine or butter
3 T. flour
1 large head of broccoli
1 c. broccoli stock (see instructions below)
1 c. chicken stock
1 cube chicken boullion
1/3 c. broccoli flowerettes
1/3 c. diced chicken
1/4 c. cheese sauce (optional, if you have some left from an earlier meal)
Cook the broccoli and broccoli stalks, saving the water to use in the soup. Dissolve the boullion cube in the broccoli water and chicken stock.Saute onion in the margarine till tender. Stir in flour and cook 5 min. Puree some of the broccoli and stems(upper portion). Add the puree and stock to the onion/flour mixture and cook till thickened but do not boil. Add the broccoli flowerettes, chicken and cheese sauce. Serve hot
Hi taxi-mom1,
ReplyDeleteYour soup recipe sounds delicious! I'll have to give it a try real soon. I love soup this time of year. I think your blog is a great idea.
Thanks, gardening-janer